Yes, you can have deliciously cooked BBQ ribs in rotisserie oven. It is possible using a Ronco Rotisserie oven and I have a scrumptious rotisserie grilling recipe to prove it. But, let’s begin with parboiling of the ribs. Prior to grilling BBQ ribs in rotisserie oven, baby back ribs are best when they have stewed for 15 minutes and thicker ribs when they have stewed for about 15 to 20 minutes.
After parboiling, marinate them in either of the following marinades via cooks.com:
For a fruity tang:
About 3 1/2 lbs. pork spare ribs or pork loin
* 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple juice
* 1/2 c. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. brown sugar
* 1 tsp. ground ginger
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all ingredients except ribs. Shake well. Pour over ribs.
For a beefy boost:
* 4 lbs. pork or beef ribs
* 3 bouillon cubes (beef)
* 1 1/2 c. water, boiling
* 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/2 c. brown sugar
* 1/4 c. soy sauce
Dissolve beef bouillon cubes in boiling water. Add garlic powder, brown sugar, soy sauce. Pour over the ribs. With either marinade, place ribs in refrigerator. Marinate, turning occasionally, for several hours or overnight before grilling. Drain ribs; set aside marinade. Brush frequently with marinade while grilling BBQ ribs in rotisserie oven for up to 20 to 30 minutes, depending on thickness.
Finally, how does one put the BBQ ribs in rotisserie oven?
One of the ways is using the kabob rods that are part of the accessory package for Ronco Rotisseries:
1. Arrange the spit rod assembly in the resting area of the rotisserie.
2. Place 4 empty kabob rods next to each other in the holes around the wheel with the spring ends on the left side.
3. Using another kabob rod, thread it through the first rib.
4. Take the last kabob rod and thread it through the last rib.
5. Wrap the ribs around the empty kabob rods already arranged in the spit rod assembly until you come to the end.
6. Insert the kabob rods attached to the ribs into the gear wheel, with the spring ends on the left.
7. For two racks of ribs, thread both racks at the same time, as described above.
(Please note that it is recommended to do 1 rack of BBQ ribs in rotisserie oven when using the Ronco Rotisserie Compact model and 1 or more racks when using Standard model and larger.)